BENEFITS OF JOINING NCRTA
NCRTA offers a variety of services, many of which are exclusive to members only. Below highlights some of the benefits you receive as a member. We hope you feel this membership is an asset to you professionally. Please take advantage of all of these benefits!
- The Continuing Professional Development committee offers an annual two-day conference providing 10 to 12 CEU hours at a reduced registration fee.
- By serving as a member of the Board of Directors, you have an opportunity to network, shape the future of the organization and develop leadership skills.
- Build connections to other professionals and establish a venue to share treatment ideas.
- Our Board meetings are open to the membership.
- Our website, www.ncrta.org provides current information about our organization, legislative updates, education opportunities and an opportunity to email the Board of Directors.
- We offer two research grants annually to encourage research by professionals, educators and graduate students.
- We offer an opportunity to recognize your peers through an awards program: Outstanding Professional, Distinguished Member, Student of the Year and 3 Certificates of Recognition.
- Our annual Student/Professional Issues Forum provides a daylong workshop for students and practitioners.
- Two students are elected each year to serve on the Board of Directors to address pertinent issues and serve as liaisons to the students/schools.
- We provide a “working” student scholarship for our annual conference each year.
- Free membership to all committee chairpersons.
- Reduced registration fee to conference planning committee members.
- Opportunity to nominate and elect the Board of Directors.
- Our Program Evaluation committee participates in the development of the Standards of Practice, published by ATRA.
- We have alliances with TRCB, Coalition 2001, Council of Allied Health, and Area Health Education Center (AHEC).
- Our Legislative Committee monitors and reports critical legislative issues to the members via email, fax, networking or newsletters. This Committee also advocates for RT through visits to elected officials and recognizes support with awards.
- NCRTA has a close alliance with ATRA and its Board of Directors, which provides for networking through the Chapter Affiliate Council (CAC).
- The Marketing Committee serves to increase awareness of RT to those outside of the profession, promotes employment opportunities and encourages the development of RT service areas.
- Free membership to the member who recruits the most new members annually.
- Low membership fees when compared to other professional organizations!